I. JUST. DON'T. UNDERSTAND.
I sit here with a very heavy heart yet again for friends of mine that just welcomed their 3rd daughter, Hollyn Joanna, into the world on Thursday, March 31, 2011, only to have her life taken away just 2 short days later. Eric & Victoria Walden are two of the most amazing parents and people. They were high school sweethearts and married soon after and Eric enlisted in the Navy. Victoria has always been one of those Moms you want to be like. Eric has always been one of those guys that would give you the shirt off his back. He is the most kind-hearted person and no matter where you are, if he sees you, he will give you the biggest hug and ask how you are doing. They are just those type of people. Victoria is always smiling and they ALWAYS have their daughters, Aubrey and Kenleigh, with them. So for something like this to happen to them, I just don't understand. At all. How can a precious, healthy baby be taken away from them so soon? This family has been thru SO SO much already. Hollyn was named after Eric's best friend that was killed some time ago (not sure how or when) and Eric's nephew was killed in a TRAGIC train accident several months ago and now this. It just isn't fair.
The hardest part for me to grasp is why do people who are crappy parents, addicts, etc. always get everything they want. People that you encounter that treat their children like an inconvenience or a bother shouldn't even be allowed to have children. I know you're supposed to say "things happen for a reason" but dang it, they shouldn't. What kind of reason is there for these tragedies? It seems the older I get and as time progresses, the more prevalent these things are. I know that we aren't put here on this Earth to understand the hows and whys but it is human nature to want answers.
As I have said before, I have read about and met some of the bravest women I know for being able to "overcome" their own losses and tragedies and I can only pray to the Lord above that Eric and Victoria will find some peace and comfort.
The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Isaiah 57:1

I dont understand why bad things happen to good people. I will keep your friends in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for their loss and that you have to go through this as well. The day I found out I had lost a baby I did not want to hear that "it was Gods will"...just not right then. I didn't mind hearing it later, when the fresh sting wasn't there. I agree with you on we ARE human, we want to know the hows and whys...so why can't we?! I struggle with this often. The break down is that God wants us to rely on him, and we wouldn't do that if everything came easy and life was great all the time. What they are going through may not even be about them coming closer to God, their tragedy may have happened so that someone else will be moved by it and want to know how they can deal with such an awful experience and still live life. I hope I am not just rambling and I make sense. I will pray for them and for you.
ReplyDeleteI wrote about the same "I dont get it" tonight.......so glad that I stopped by
ReplyDelete