Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Disney World 3-25-2011

Preslei's birthday present from me and Keith was a trip to Disney World! This child has become SO obsessed with the princesses I thought this would be the PERFECT birthday present.  We only live about 4 hours north of Orlando so we took advantage.  Plus, Keith has never been! (Such a deprived man, LOL)  Since we are such a close-knit family, I asked my parents to come.  Of course, I didn't have to twist their arm when I told them I wanted them to be a part of Preslei's first trip to "Cinderwella's Castle" (that is what P calls Disney World).  Since Preslei was NEVER a fan of carousels, I just wanted to do a day trip to get a feel of how she was going to do.  Disney is CRAZY expensive and rather than spend a lot of money and her not like it, we just decided to save a few bucks and try it out.  We left that Friday morning around 6am and got into the actual park around 2pm.  We stopped and found a little bench and ate our sandwiches that we packed and off we went down to Cinderella's castle.  They had just started doing a little show at the castle so we watched that.  After that, I noticed the castmembers taping off sections of the road (a tip I heard from a friend is that when they do that, they are getting ready for a parade and to grab a spot on the curb) so we sat down at a prime spot and waited about 30 minutes for the parade to start.  It was AWESOME.  The cool thing was when we bought our tickets, the lady asked if we were celebrating anything and we said Preslei's birthday so they gave her this Happy Bday button for her to wear and every castmember that passed by told her Happy Birthday.  Now, the cool part is during the parade, Princess Tiana saw Preslei and waved and said "Happy Birthday princess!"  Of course, I cried.  LOL.  After the parade, we walked to where the meet and greet was for the princesses (Cinderella, Aurora & Belle) and it was a 50 minute wait.  We decided to wait (of course) because the main things I wanted Preslei to do while we were there was 1. See Cinderella's castle; 2. Meet the princesses; 3.  Ride the teacups, dumbo and It's a Small World.

So, when we walked into the building to get in line, my Mom went and sat in a window sill and I noticed she was really tired.  I asked if everything was okay and she said, "I'm just really hot".  It was SCORCHING hot that day for it to be the end of March.  It felt like the middle of July.  So next thing I notice was my Mom and Dad walking out and she said she just needed to get some air.  I was worried but I wasn't freaking out at this point.  I look outside and my Mom is sitting on a ledge with her head in her hands hunched over.  I tell Keith to stay in line and I'll be back.  By the time I get to her, she starts slipping and says she needs to sit down.  Scariest thing EVER.  I just sit on the ground and take my Mom and lay her down and put her head in my lap while my Dad is trying to get some help.  It was so frantic because I felt so helpless.  I just started pouring water over her head and some castmembers got me a large cup of ice water and napkins so I put watered down napkins on her forehead, the back of her neck and on her wrists.  The paramedics came about 10 minutes later and her vitals were fine and she started coming back around.  Preslei and Keith had came back outside and Preslei was just standing there like a deer in headlights so I just said that "Nonna is laying down because she is really sleepy and that she was fine.  Just needed a nap."  So, we put her in wheelchair and off to the First Aid station we went.  The paramedics said that it was a combination of the heat, Mom only having Diet Cokes to drink that day and a pain pill she took earlier that made her almost pass out.  The First Aid station had a little rooms and Mom wanted to rest.  Instinctively, I wanted to stay with her but she insisted that we go ahead and take Preslei to do other stuff.  Keith and I decided to take her to ride the teacups and Dumbo.  It seriously took us 2 hours to ride 2 rides.  Crazy.  After Dumbo, we went back to the First Aid station and Mom was awake and she and Dad were waiting on us.  We decided that we had enough for one day but wanted to wait for the princesses again so we put Mom back in the wheelchair and we waited in line.  Preslei slept the entire wait time and we finally met the princesses.  It was just amazing.  They really take their time with the kids and talk to them and hug and kiss them.  It was awesome. 

Unfortunately, Keith left my cell phone in the car and I forgot to charge the battery for the camera so we didn't get our own pictures of Preslei and the princesses except for one of her and Belle.  Now, we have to buy the pictures ($15 each!!) to have our memories. 

We are definitely going back but we are going to go back during winter and during the "dead" time, which according to the nurse at First Aid, is the 2nd week of January.  This was our learning experience.  :)



























3 comments:

  1. We'll just miss you! We're headed that way on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, well HAVE FUN!! Preslei is already asking to go back! I keep telling her when it isn't so hot, we will be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I would blog hop back to you :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney. Your picture's are so cute, looks like you had a great time! I can't wait to go back myself.

    ReplyDelete