26 WEEKS
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 26 weeks (and 4 days…I’m a little late on this posting)
Size of baby: 14 inches, 1.75 lbs and the size of an English hothouse cucumber.
Gender/Name: It's a GIRL!!!! Annalise Claire Phillips :)
Maternity Clothes: They're a necessity these days.
Belly Button: Still the same as the past few weeks.
Movement: This past Thursday, I swear, I felt like she was going to kick her way out of my stomach, like seriously. I’ve never felt so much movement before. Then, she started to get REALLY lazy over the weekend to the point it had me a little nervous. I mean, she was still kicking and moving but just not nearly as much. Then I thought, “Well, I haven’t had any caffeine since Friday at lunch so maybe that’s why.” This morning, she’s kicking and moving all around. I REALLY need to learn to relax about everything.
Sleep: Great. I LOVE this cold weather! The only thing that makes it bad is the pain I have from these stupid round ligament pains when I try to roll over from side to side.
Symptoms: I was having more of the pain/pressure again this week. But, if I can go 2-3 weeks and have good days and then a week of not-so good days, I’ll take it!
What I miss: Nothing at all! I am so thankful and blessed to be pregnant again. I know this answer never changes because when I look at the things I do miss, I compare it to “would I trade being pregnant for it” and my answer is always no! But I must say, I truly miss being able to go and do things like I could before without being in pain after about 10 minutes of walking. I so badly want to take Preslei on one last mini-vacation before we have Annalise but I know there is no way I could even do anything fun because of the fact I just can’t last like I used to. So, if anyone has any suggestions that doesn’t include a lot of walking, I’m all ears!!! Seriously.
What I'm looking forward to: Keith has gone to school for a week and this may sound mean or whatever, but I am SOOOO looking forward to the time apart. You see, when Keith and I started dating and up until 2 years ago (total of 8 years), Keith had a job where he worked out of town the majority of the week and if he wasn’t out of town, he wouldn’t get home until like 10pm. I really enjoyed the “down time” and felt as if the old saying rang true. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” Keith and I have always been the type of couple that we do our own thing and meet in the middle and it works for us. I’ve never been the “dependant” type of person and I don’t want someone (other than my children) up my butt 24/7. I can’t STAND it. I’ve gotten so much criticism from people about it but you know what, what works for one may not work for the other. Since Keith has started his job now, he is home at 5:45 every night and we are never really apart (except for during hunting season). I’m glad he’s gone for the week because I’m ready to have that feeling again of truly missing him.
Questions/Concerns: None really this week.
Cravings: Sprite. I HATED Sprite before and now, I LOVE it!
Best moment this week: My grandma turning 91 on Friday!! Too bad it was Friday the 13th and she was admitted to the hospital on her birthday for chest pains. Keep her in your prayers for me. I think she should probably be coming home today. She’s not in pain anymore but they kept her so they could run some tests. Mam-Maw has what they call a “spastic heart” and my Mom said that is probably what it was on Friday. Apparently, Mam-Maw was “mean” to the doctor and nurses because she thought she could come home on Saturday. I can’t help but laugh at the thought of her being mean! She said she apologized to the doctor and nurses though. LOL. Bless her.
Oh and the fact I've finally decided on baby bedding!!! See, I've wanted "Polka Tot Designs" in Mobile, AL to make our 2nd baby's bedding for like forever ago and since my Mom has always contributed towards to the bedding, she just couldn't see spending that much money on bedding. So, I found another set that I liked and my aunt is an excellent seamstress and said she would make it for me. Mom and I went to Tallahassee last Monday to look at and buy fabric. Mom was sticker shocked at how much the fabric was ($15/yard not on sale) and I reminded her that "PTD" wasn't nearly as expensive once you looked at it in that perspective. So, she's agreed to pay for half of the bedding!!! I've ordered fabric samples of the material I want to use just to be 100% sure so those should be in sometime this week! Once I have my final approval that this is the fabric I want, I will place the order and then we will go to the paint store!! WOO HOO! Oh and Keith dropped off the dressers to the lady that is going to refinish them for me. It's finally starting to come all together!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment