23 WEEKS
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 23 weeks.
Size of baby: 10.5-11.8 inches, 12.7-20.8 ounces and the size of a mango. (This is the same as last week...I guess it will be like this for a few weeks)
Gender/Name: It's a GIRL!!!! Annalise Claire Phillips :)
Maternity Clothes: They're a necessity these days.
Belly Button: Creeping on out there, lol.
Movement: Morning, noon and night and it never gets old.
Sleep: It is SO funny (not funny "haha" but funny "weird") how one week can be horrible and then the next I can sleep like a baby. I don't know if I'm just tired and exhausted from all the holiday madness but I literally crash around 9pm and only wake up to pee (which is usually once or twice these days).
Symptoms: Yep, I am still feeling like I'm waddling and thanks to my oh-so wonderful husband, he pointed it out for me last night. Good one there Keith..... ;o) The horrible pains are making their grand appearance again these past few days. I talked to Dr. Morales about it and he got so tickled at me for describing the location of the pain as "down there, down there". HA!
What I miss: Nothing at all! I am so thankful and blessed to be pregnant again.
What I'm looking forward to: Christmas!!!!!
Questions/Concerns: This is a new one this week. I knew there was something I was leaving out! I'm really starting to get worried that I will have to go on bedrest. Like really worried. I'm a pretty tough cookie when it comes to sucking it up and being a "big girl" but I could seriously cry like a baby when these aches and pains "down there" start. She is low and I know that's one reason they are as bad as they are and now my sciatic nerve is hurting. My feet are swelling and they hurt and I'm only TWENTY THREE weeks pregnant!!! How in the world am I going to last another 16 weeks?!?! and I get NO maternity leave benefits at work and I definitely don't have short term disability insurance. I looked into getting some Aflac a few years ago (not too long after Preslei was born to be prepared for our 2nd baby) but they said you had to have 5 employees to get short term disability and there is only me and Donna and of course, our boss. :( So, I'm a little freaked that we'll be eating Ramen noodles if I get put on bedrest.
Cravings: Not much of anything this week. For some reason, I've felt SO bloated. Heck, we didn't even cook dinner the other night because Preslei fell asleep at 6:30 and never woke up and Keith and I decided if we got hungry, we could fend for ourselves.
Best moment this week: It would have to be my doctor's appointment. Keith and Preslei both went with me and I know I say this ALL the time but I seriously have the best doctor and nurse. Preslei wanted to see her picture again on the wall and Dana said, "Did you find all 3?" and we found them. Dana said, "Yeah, you can tell who one of my favorites is". Dr. Morales came in and asked me if I had any questions. So I asked about when we could schedule the c-section since my friend, Brandi, (B4 Photography) is flying in from Dallas, TX to do our newborn pictures. We have a tentative date of April 12, 2012! He said the hospital won't schedule it on their end until 6 weeks prior but he has it marked on his calendar. I also asked which anethesiologist would allow an extra person in the room (I desperately want my Mom in there) and he said a name but that he'd check to make sure. I have to call that office to specifically request that doctor and they will try to accomodate me. :) Then, Keith said he was glad it wasn't the end of April because he will be in a skeet tournament and dang if him and Dr. Morales didn't talk about skeet and hunting the entire appointment, LOL. It was hilarious to me. I almost wanted to invite Dr. Morales to one of the many bird shoots/hunts Keith hosts during the year but I didn't, LOL.



Glad to hear all is well aside from the usual pregnancy pains!
ReplyDelete