21 WEEKS
Pregnancy Highlights
**Preface: I am posting this exactly one week late. Last week, Preslei and I both had the stomach virus and I was out of work for 3 days so I am just now having a chance to update my blog. I'm also going to post week 22 after this one so I'll be current.**
How Far Along: 21 weeks.
Size of baby: 10.5 inches, 12.7 ounces and the size of a banana.
Gender/Name: It's a GIRL!!!! Annalise Claire Phillips :)
Maternity Clothes: They have been a blessing to me here lately. Man, this belly is already poking out there!! My coworker, Donna, always says, "You are getting to be just baby now!". I think it's hilarious. At least I look pregnant now instead of just fat(ter). I think (THINK) I may post a picture next week but man, I hate full length pictures. I just think I need to document my belly at half way and then full term.
Belly Button: Creeping on out there, lol.
Movement: She has been moving SO much lately. My friend Sara and I went to Atlanta on Saturday (Dec. 3) and Sara is 3 weeks ahead of me and she was talking about Cohen moving around all day and I was like, dang, I wish Annalise would move all day and I swear, her and Cohen had some in utero conversations because that night at 10:58 (Yeah Sara, b/c you said it that night, I now remember the exact time HA!) I felt Annalise move on the outside for the first time and her movements tooks off after that. So, thanks Baby Cohen!!! LOL
Sleep: Not too bad that week.
Symptoms: OH. MY. GOSH. I seriously overdid it in Atlanta because my round ligament pains were absolutely KILLING me. Curse my body for making those stupid pains be "down there" instead of where they should normally be!!! Any time I walk for an extended period, it kills me. Well, imagine driving for 3 1/2 hours to Atlanta(we left at 7:30), checking into the hotel (11am), laying down for a quick minute, and then not getting back to the hotel until 10:30pm. HOLY MOTHER.....I wanted to cry. I was hurting so bad on Sunday that I couldn't even go to work on Monday b/c I got up in the middle of the night Sunday to pee and almost fell b/c the pain hurt so bad when I walked to the bathroom. I called my doctor and they told me to rest, take tylenol and if needed, use heat. (Sorry, but I'm NOT putting a heating pad between my legs, LOL).
What I miss: Nothing at all! I am so thankful and blessed to be pregnant again.
What I'm looking forward to: Christmas!!!!!
Cravings: Still Mexican. I could eat Mexican every day.
Best moment this week: Even though it killed me physically, I had the BEST time in Atlanta. I really feel like I made the most of my time there because not only did me and Sara hang out with Stephanie and had a blast being the 3 preggos shopping but we were also able to have dinner with my best friend, Brian. And OMG, that was the BEST food I've eaten in a LONG LONG time. If you are ever near Atlanta, you have to go to Social Vinings in Vinings. Maybe I was just starving but that was the best shrimp & scallops ever. It was served on a bed of sweet corn risotto with brocolli and lemon butter sauce (I could have done without the capers) and it was heavenly. Brian and Sara had me CRACKING up the entire night. I was seriously crying from laughing so hard. Brian has always loved impersonating and imitating funny youtube people and skits and low and behold, so does Sara. They were doing Anjelah Johnson's "Nail Salon" skit and holy crap, it was just funny. You can watch it here. Anyways, it was just so much fun and exactly what I needed!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment