Thursday, August 18, 2011

Talk about ripping out your heart

I don't even know where to begin.  I follow a blog of a girl named Brantley.  She and her husband adopted the most beautiful little girl.  I have loved reading her blog and recently, she has became very proactive in adoption.  I would absolutely LOVE to adopt a child later down the road so I enjoy reading these blogs.  Brantley posted a link to another blog that absolutely TORE my heart out of my chest. 

You can view it here.

I just don't understand how anyone, and I mean ANYONE, think neglecting a child is okay.  Just because a person has disabilities or an illness does NOT make them less of a human.  My dad's brother, Uncle Tom, is mentally retarded.  He had an accident when he was very young that caused brain damage.  That is the sweetest, most loving, caring and helpful person I have ever met in my entire life.  The love that Uncle Tom has for the Lord and his family would melt anyone's heart.  Uncle Tom can't read and can only write his name but he is in church every Sunday and can sing the church hymns by heart.  That my friends is a work of God. 

Please pray for this sweet little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment