Saturday, August 27, 2011

It still seems surreal

I still can't believe I'm pregnant. Seriously.  I mean, we have wanted this for a long time and to know God blessed us with another miracle, is just amazing.  I have been feeling a LOT better this week.  My back pain isn't nearly as bad as it has been and no nausea.  The worst part this week has been that I feel like I have narcolepsy.  I am tired ALL THE TIME!!! I'm taking progestrone supplements until 12 weeks so I'm almost positive the meds are making me even more tired than normal.

Preslei has been over the moon excited knowing "Mommy has a baby in her tummy".  I've always been the type of parent that explains everything to her and keep her informed.  Keith has been so sweet to me. He knows exactly how freaked out I get during the first trimester and he has been so supportive and helped me so much around the house.  He was SO cute last night.  He came up to me and said, "How's my baby?" and I said, "I'm just really tired but ok" and then he put his hand on my stomach and said, "How's my other baby?"  I just giggled.  It was cute.

I think I will do the weekly updates around 8 weeks or I may wait until I'm 12 weeks.  I am definitely not posting "belly pics" because belly pics are only cute on those skinny girls.  Heck, if you look at my "belly" now, you'd think I was 9 months pregnant.  LOL.  Which reminds me of a funny story.  Being fat just doesn't embarrass me.  I'm me, take me for who I am or don't....doesn't matter to me.  But, when we, well excuse me, I, checked into our hotel in Jacksonville on Saturday (We were originally going to drive to Jax EARLY Saturday morning so I pricelined a hotel for Sat. night only but decided since Kellie and I were taking the kidlets to the zoo, we needed to leave Friday night b/c I couldn't handle a 3 hour drive and then all day in the sun with my back killing me the way it was so I pricelined another hotel but didn't get the same hotel as I did for Saturday night and Keith was already fishing when I needed to check into the 2nd hotel)  I didn't check in until after we went the zoo and the check in guy was asking where Whigham, GA was so I told him about 40 minutes north of Tallahassee and he was like, "oh wow, I bet it is really hot there!" and I said, "yeah, it is but I think it's hotter over here even though you get the breeze off the coast" and somehow I had told him about going to the zoo and I said, "yeah, pregnancy and heat are just not a combination" and the other check in girl was like, "awww...what are you having?" and I seriously could not resist....I said, "Oh I'm only 5 weeks...I'm just fat right now" and I laughed.  She was mortified.  I kinda felt bad for embarrassing her but it was funny to me.  ;o)

So tomorrow, I will be 6 weeks!! YAY!!

3 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY for you!! I can't wait to follow you on this pregnancy journey! Hopefully we'll be pregnancy buddies here soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I found your blog through Katie. I love blogging because even though you are putting yourself out there, it does seem more private. Here's to a great pregnancy and delivery! I loved the way you told your mom...priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you too!!! I was so excited when I read you are preggo! Send some baby luck my way! I could use it ;o)

    ReplyDelete