So, what's the cause for my grumpy attitude today?? The fact I feel like I get punished because I have to work. I want to enroll Preslei in gymnastics because there is one unnamed dance place that I refuse to send Preslei to and that only leaves one other in town and Preslei needs an activity where she can fully exert her energy instead of somewhere very structured and "prim & proper". I'd love to send her there for dance when she gets older but my kid just likes rough and tough stuff and she loves jumping, doing foward rolls, etc. So, I call the only gymnastics place here in town and what time does the class start?? Ummmm 3:15. WTH...are there really that many kids in town that their parents have the luxury of either being able to take off work and take their kids there or that don't work?? Kudos to the parents that are fortunate enough to be able to stay home with their kids, seriously. Well, let me rephrase that....kudos to the ones that can do that and my tax money doesn't pay for your food, housing or insurance because of the fact you don't work. I could REALLY get on my soapbox about that but I will refrain.
So, where's the next closest place to take Preslei to gymnastics to? The YMCA in Thomasville. A good 35-40 minute drive from my house. Yet, because I am not able to send her to either gymnastics place, it kinda makes me feel like I'm shitty parent because I can't and other people can. Somehow in some stupid way, it makes me feel like Preslei is getting left out. I am just so sick of being reminded ALL THE FREAKING time by instances such as these that I am not able to be a SAHM. Keith and I both work our asses off to be able to provide for our family but we don't make enough to be able for me to quit my job. It seriously makes me feel poor or something. Seriously. We live in a "quaint" little 3 bedroom/1 bath house, we don't drive new cars, we don't go and come all the time, we don't have major credit card debt or a lot of debt in general but yet we both have to work. There is just absolutely no way we could live off one income, especially when we pay $600 a month just for health insurance. No way. So not only am I missing out on being able to watch my babies grow up 24/7 but now, I can't even take Preslei to a stinkin' gymnastics class.
Oohhh, and let's top that off with the fact I was informed today that unnamed person #1 that hasn't even tried to contact me or my family in oh ummm......almost SIX months and then decides that after seeing unnamed person #2 at a convenient store on Friday that they want to come and talk with us at home. Here's my question....what if unnamed person #1 didn't run into unnamed person #2 at the store...would they still want to stop by and "talk"? That'd be a big hell no. Did unnamed person #1 call/text/email to say congrats that we were pregnant? No. Did unnamed person #1 call/text/email to give their condolences when we thought we lost the baby? No. Did unnamed person #1 call/text/email to say Thank you Lord when we found out we didn't lose the baby? No. Did unnamed person #1 call/text/email to remind unnamed person #2 of someone's birthday 4 months later? That my friends, gets the answer of yes. Oohhh, and does unnamed person #1 forward me STUPID emails randomly? Again, the answer is yes.
And there you have it folks......the grumpy Amanda for Monday afternoon. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment