13 WEEKS
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 13 weeks
Size of baby: 2.9 inches and the size of a peach.
Gender: If I want to, I can find out in 2 weeks. How crazy is that?!?! I'm still undecided of when I want to find out. My frugal self is telling me to just wait until Nov. 28th (my 20 week appt. with Dr. Willis...he's the maternal/fetal medicine doctor that I've seen a few times since the blighted ovum scare) because I don't have to pay $94 to have someone tell me 4 weeks earlier. BUT.....I also think it would be fun to do a whole "gender reveal" party when we go to the mountains on Nov. 2nd. I can find out on Nov. 1st so I think it'd be fun to keep it a secret until we went to the mountains and then did some cute little party at the cabin without telling my family.
Maternity Clothes: Ugh....I'm TRYING to wait until we go to the mountains to get some maternity clothes. There is an outlet mall in Commerce, GA (which is about 2 hours from Blue Ridge) that has a Motherhood outlet and hopefully, I can convince Keith to let's go there one day.
Weight gain: Oh dear Lord, I feel like I've gained 100lbs this week. I just feel like poo. I'm going to start walking in the afternoons when I get home to see if it will make me feel less bloated and have more energy. I have to admit, this week has gotten me worried/terrified of how I will feel later in my pregnancy. I wasn't that much "skinnier" during my 1st pregnancy and I seriously had the best and perfect pregnancy. I felt great when I got big and never complained until about the last 2 weeks when I was getting "miserable" so maybe this is just the first trimester "funk". Speaking of first trimester, apparently, I was wrong last week in the fact 12 weeks starts the 2nd trimester. I could have sworn that was when it started but, nope, it starts at 14 weeks. Oh well. :o)
Belly Button: Still an innie.
Movement: I felt "something" last night that definitely wasn't gas. I think it was a little flutter. Nothing definite but it was still something :o) It was funny though b/c I held my breath to see if I could feel it again and I felt it again but it after I started breathing again.
Sleep: Some nights are great but other nights it takes an act of Congress to actually go to sleep and stay asleep. Preslei and I fell asleep in the living room Friday night and woke up at 2am and after I got in the bed, it was like 4am before I fell back asleep.
Symptoms: Swelling. I have GOT to get up and walk around more at work. My feet look as big as my head by the end of the day. I seriously only get up to pee at work or grab stuff off the printer because I stay so busy and I'm just glued to the computer. I need to try to remember to get up at least every 30 minutes and walk around. I did buy some compression socks at WalMart this weekend and they felt like Heaven when I put them on Friday night.
What I miss: Nothing at all! I am so thankful and blessed to be pregnant again.
What I'm looking forward to: Being in the mountains in TWO WEEKS!!!! Hopefully my family won't want to take pictures at the same spot we did last year because good grief, this preggo is NOT going to be hiking again this year.
Cravings: Honestly, nothing sounds good to me. I think it's the whole "I feel 100lbs heavier already" thing because the thought of any type of food makes me wanna puke.
Best moment this week: Feeling the little "flutter" last night in my tummy!



It makes my heart so happy to see these posts from you every week! So happy for you and that little bean!
ReplyDelete