Our doctor's appointment didn't turn out as expected. They couldn't find a baby. Dr. Morales said I have what is called a blighted ovum. Basically, I'm pregnant but the baby didn't form. I had my hcg level checked to see if my due date was off but my quant count was 63,000 and he said there should be a baby with a heartbeat. My mind has been in a thousand places since Wednesday. I am absolutely heartbroken. When we've tried for so long and to think "finally!" and now you are told you need a d&c and your doctor wants to refer you to a specialist (oh and it doesn't help that I.F. isn't covered by our insurance) you feel helpless.
I have decided to wait a few weeks and have 2 more ultrasounds before doing the surgery because I've read that women with tilted uteruses often get misdiagnosed. Now, that's not to say I think I was because I don't want to have false hope, I'm a realist, but before I get my insides scraped out, I want to be 150% sure.
If I never ask for anything else from my readers, I ask that you pray for my peace and understanding with this.
With love,

Amanda - I just don't even know what to say. I am so sorry to hear of this news, I know you've probably heard "I'm sorry" a million times now. God does have a plan for you and your family, even if it seems to be an uphill battle at times. You have and will remain in my thoughts. **Side note - I have a retroverted uterus too, have you ever been told anything about it and conceiving?
ReplyDeletedef praying for you during all of this. sometimes life simply isn't fair :( you see SO many mothers walking around with babies they didn't want and then there are wonderful mothers like you who struggle with these type issues. never give up - it WILL get better!!!!
ReplyDelete