Thursday, July 28, 2011

Gotta love country living

I haven't made it a secret how much I hate living in a small town (even though I know it has its advantages) but this afternoon something was going on that made me stop and think, "Now where else could you experience this?!"

So what was it?!?!  Well, as Preslei and I were driving home from her MiMi's house (MiMi is her babysitter) we were almost home when WHOOSH....here comes a crop duster flying RIGHT over my car.  I was as giddy as a school girl! MOST of the time, they spray the crops on the weekends at the crack of dawn and Preslei would always be asleep.  I whipped my car in the drive and parked it and Preslei and I just watched him as he was flying next to us.  She absolutely LOVED it!!! She was just waving and laughing.

When I say we live in the country, we really live out there.  We JUST got DSL internet like 2 years ago! The closest neighbors we have is my brother and his family across the road and The Connells (who are the absolute sweetest old people!!) who own all the farm land surrounding us.  One thing that I absolutely love is I know that no one will build around us because it is nothing but farm land.  My brother and his wife got lucky when they bought their acreage! Now if we could just convince my parents to move out to our neck of the woods! ;o)  (or convince my entire family to let's pack up and move to Atlanta or North Georgia!!)

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment