Saturday, March 12, 2011

Once a year

As Preslei's birthday is fast approaching, as much fun as it is planning and hosting her parties, I can't help but get sad because it means she is turning into a little girl and not my baby. Of course, she will be 20 and still be my little baby but you know what I'm saying. Today, 3 years ago, was my actual due date. I went in for my doctor's appointment and I told Dr. M, "can we PLEASE induce soon?!" and so he told we could induce the next day. I was told to call the hospital at 5am to see if they had any beds open. I couldn't sleep, I was SO excited! So, I called at 5am on March 13th and there were no beds available. I was SO disappointed. I just cried and cried. They don't induce on Fridays so I had to wait until Monday, March 17th. Funny thing, I didn't realize until I was in the operating room that it was St. Patty's Day! HA! I will never in my entire life forget that feeling of her being pulled from my stomach. As uncomfortable as it was, it was the best feeling in the world.

I am excited about Preslei's 3rd birthday party. It is a "movie premiere" party! We rented the local movie theater and it is a very retro theater (small town life, HA!) and I've asked all the kids to come dressed as their favorite movie character and I have a red carpet, we are doing handprints like they do on the Hollywood walk of fame! My brother is going to be the paparazzi so I just can't wait! People keep telling me her party is the "talk of the town" so we'll see. I do find it funny that I have had a lot of people tell me they are going to stop by just to see it. But I mean, HELLO....that's a lot of pressure to make it an AMAZING party!!! I feel like I get all these grand ideas in my head of what I want to do and then the closer it gets, I feel like it won't turn out as cute as I think it will. My Mom is always saying, "Amanda, it is just a child's party!!!" I guess I just always want Preslei to look back and say, "Wow, Momma and Daddy always made sure to make my birthdays extra special."

Her birthday gift from me and Keith is.......DISNEY WORLD!!! I seriously think I am more excited than she is (and she is pretty darn excited herself!). Since we only live 4 hours away and she is only three, we are just doing Magic Kingdom for a day and staying the night and coming home the next day. I toyed with the idea of doing a long weekend and staying at one of the resorts inside Disney but I just didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for something I'm not even sure she would like because she is SO young. Preslei gets nervous and scared riding a carousel and freaks out when those life size Easter Bunnies or Santa come up to her so we are saving the money and playing it safe. If she LOVES Disney, then we are planning on going back for longer after Christmas. Preslei and I have this little "game" that we play. I'll say, "Preslei, guess what" and she says, "What" and I reply, "I love you" and we always go back and forth. So cute. Well, since we've told her we are going to "Cinderella's Castle" when she says, "Guess what" her response is "WE GOING TO CINDERWELLA'S CASTLE" and she gasps. So freakin' cute. (I need to get that on video)

Preslei goes to school (our church's 2 yr old preschool) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we are having her school party on her actual birthday. We are doing a zebra print theme for there. It won't be anything special, we are just doing chocolate cupcakes with red and white icing. She has a red and zebra pettiskirt and super cute shirt that says "Wild about Three" that we borrowed from our amazing blogger friend Jenny in Texas (I seriously think the absolute WORLD of her and hopefully will one day get the chance to meet her).  Saturday, March 19th is her BIG party and then the next day, we are having a family party at my parents' house.  The family party's theme is "disney princesses" and we are just having cake and ice cream at 3pm.

I have a LONG week of getting last minute things done but I wouldn't have it any other way!  Once March is over, maybe my boss will start seeing the organized and stress free Amanda again! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment