Saturday, October 9, 2010

Urgent Prayer Request

Please pray for the family of Rev. Cameron King and his wife, Rachel and their friends and family.  While coming home from vacation, they were in an automobile accident which claimed the life of their 4 year old daughter.  Rachel is 16 weeks pregnant with twins but from what I have heard, the babies are fine.  This family needs your prayers.  I simply cannot fathom what they are going thru.  No parent should ever have to lose a child.  It isn't the way it is supposed to work.  I know that everything is in God's timing and we may not understand why, but it isn't fair.  I have read and met some of the bravest people I know that have gone thru losing a child and they must have a strong faith in God because I don't know how I could survive.  When you hear things like this, your heart breaks for them.  Cairo Georgia has had too many tragedies lately and its just devastating.  Last week, there was a gas line explosion that killed a city worker and he left behind a 7 year old daughter.  This is a very small, close knit community and when someone is going thru something, you feel their pain.  As much as I vent about this town, times like this, when the community comes together as one, makes me so proud to call it my home.

I can't help but tell myself, "Amanda, God is speaking to you thru this tragedy".  I am not as close to God as I should be or live my live the way HE wants.  I don't have a church home, haven't for years.  I don't talk to God on a regular basis and I need that relationship with him.  I have always struggled with trying to find my niche in a church.  I get very "bored" (that sounds terrible) sitting in church listening to the service but driving with my Mom to a dr. appt., I had talked with her about how I have always felt I'd serve God better by educating kids about him.  But before I do that, I need to educate myself more.  I had tossed around the idea of going to church tomorrow at the church where Preslei goes to school but I think I will definitely be going tomorrow.  You aren't guaranteed tomorrow and I want that closer relationship to God.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit." -Psalms 34:18

My heartfelt prayers are being lifted for the King family.  May God give you the comfort during this tragic time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda, I "talked" to you before (I think) on one of Kelly's comment sections. I know Rachel King from my old youth group. I do hope you can find a church home. Sounds like you may be feeling a pull towards children's ministry. I am a children's minister and I hope that one day you can work with that precious group. They are just too fun. Blessings, Wendy

    ReplyDelete