Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July weekend wrap-up


Keith, Preslei and I had an amazing holiday weekend. I had been wanting to surprise Keith with a weekend vacation for some time now but could never decide where I wanted to go or when. We both have never been to Savannah and had been talking about it a lot recently. Well, because I decided last minute I couldn't find any hotels in the historic district in my price range. So, I spilled the beans to him by accident about where we were going and we decided to spend Saturday night in Savannah and then drive down to Jacksonville and spend the 4th of July with my cousin Kellie and her family. If you haven't been to Savannah, I highly recommend it. It is PACKED full of history and there is TONS to do and I loved the fact that you could walk everywhere you wanted to go. I booked at room at Avia (perfect location) and will definitely be back. We were one block away from City Market and two blocks from River Street. I think my favorite part of the entire trip was listening to the street musician that was on the river walk singing the blues. We had a great time in Jax with Kellie, Ryan, Reagan and Reid. Preslei LOVES Reagan and Reid. We were also able to hang out with my first "babies", Brooke and Jake. I started babysitting them when Jake, who is now 11, was just a year old and Brooke ever since she was born. She is now 8. Those kids will always hold a very special place in my heart. About 3 years ago, they moved back down to Jacksonville and then their parents got divorced. Luckily, Pam (their mom) and I are still great friends and keep in touch. It was such a blessing to not only be a part of those kids' lives but also have an amazing friendship with Pam.

No comments:

Post a Comment