Anyone that knows me in real life, KNOWS I can't keep a secret. Well, I can keep a secret if it is someone else's but not mine. I had wanted to keep this journey a secret from our families because I wanted a "surprise" pregnancy. Well, I caved. My Mom is seriously my best friend and I just couldn't keep something this important from her. My Dad was out of town Tuesday night so Preslei and I went over to have dinner with my Mom. We had such a nice time and we were just talking about how I feel God working in my life and how it just an amazing feeling. I was starting to get emotional talking about turning my life over to Him and I just had to tell her. While my Mom has ALWAYS supported me, I just wasn't sure how'd she react. I mean, let's face it, our economy stinks right now and we could be a lot better off financially than we are but yet we are blessed more than others who are REALLY struggling. My Mom literally gasped and covered her mouth and said, "REALLY?!?! Oh I am SO happy!" and kind of teared up. As I explained to her why, she completely understood. I've just finally come to the conclusion that a surprise pregnancy just isn't in the cards for us and I'm okay with that. I am just glad I have a very supportive family.
I should find out sometime around Keith's 30th (WOW) birthday which is June 6th if we are pregnant or not. That would just be an amazing birthday gift!!! For now, I just pray that my little ovaries and eggs cooperate this month!!!
Until next time,

Praying hard for you sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteMy mom is my best friend too :). I think it will be easier knowing you have a support group behind you, especially that of your moms! I'll be praying for you Amanda!
ReplyDeleteI think it's so great your mom is your best friend- I hope I have that with my daughter!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying!!