Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Preslei's first ER visit 1/2/2011

Yes, you read right....Preslei had to go to the ER this past Sunday. While some people may not think it is that big of a deal, I was freaking out. If you know me, you will know that I am NOT a fan of hospitals, in fact, I could cut off an arm and try to sew it on myself before I go to the hospital.  And ER's....yeah, I hate them more than my worst enemy.  I don't have a phobia or anything but you see, I'm just REALLY impatient and not to sound snobby, but MOST people in ERs gross me out.  I personally would rather not "mingle" with people that haven't showered in a week and people that just stumble out of bed looking all disheveled without brushing their teeth to just see why their ear is hurting.  So anyways, rewind to New Year's Eve day.  Preslei has been going thru a phase where she just doesn't really like to eat a whole lot.  Coming from a fat girl, I'm like, "hey, I'm not gonna force my child to eat if she's not hungry" so Friday, she barely ate or drank anything but I didn't really think anything of it because she was acting fine.  We proceeded with our NYE plans and Keith, Preslei and I headed to our friends' house to partake in a family friendly NYE bash.  Shortly after midnight, my friend Amanda's daughter, Madison, said Preslei was really hot.  Madison LOVES Preslei and acts like her older sister.  So, sure enough, Preslei was burning up with fever.  We got home and her temp was 103.2.  Scared me to death.  I gave her tylenol and motrin and from that point, her fever would go away, come back, go away, come back ALL weekend.  Saturday night she started coughing really bad and had runny nose.  When she wasn't better by Sunday, I called our family doc and he said that I needed to take her to the ER so they could check her for the flu.  He said that if we waited too long the medicine wouldnt work if she did in fact have the flu.  So off we went and luckily, there were only 3 people ahead of us and we were in and out in an hour and she tested negative.  Up until yesterday afternoon, she was still not feeling well but she finally started acting like our wild and crazy kid!  Hopefully, we won't have to visit the ER any time soon!!!

Below is a picture of my princess laying on the hospital bed.  We *had* to take Preslei's beloved, Bella Sophia, "to see the doctor and feel better" (per Preslei).  Notice how Bella is the one wearing the mask and not Preslei....LOL.  Did they REALLY expect a 3 yr old to wear a mask?? I think not. 





2 comments:

  1. Poor Baby! We spent Christmas afternoon and night in the ER with my 11 month old. I am like you and HATE ERs. We were in the waiting room from 2:50 until after 10:00PM!!! Archbold didn't have fast track open on Christmas Day and EVERYONE had the flu. It was awful!!! I am so glad Preslei is feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, yeah, see, I would have been LIVID if I had to wait that long. I told Keith (my husband) that if we had to wait more than two hours, we were leaving. Archbold is the WORST, I swear. When I had my gallbladder problems back in Sept. I had to go there and I swear, I waited for 3 hrs but I wouldn't/couldn't move from the admitting desk. I hope your little one is better!!

    ReplyDelete