Thursday, May 28, 2009

One week post op update

I had my surgery last Thursday, May 21, 2009. All went very well. To my surprise, I had absolutely no pain. I have 3 tiny, maybe an inch long, incisions on my stomach and one longer incision close to my left underarm. Thursday and Friday were kind of a blur because I was still recovering from the anethesia. Tuesday has been my worst day but I think it was because it was my first day back at work. I had my post-op follow up with Dr. B yesterday and to my surprise, I have lost 20 lbs!!! Now granted that is my weight loss over a 4 week period. I know I won't drop the pounds that fast anymore but it is definitely motivation! I can tell a difference in my rings and my bracelet. I wear a Pandora bracelet 24/7 and the times I do take it off, I just wiggle it on and off my hand. Now, I barely have to wiggle it and it falls off! Funny how something so stupid can get you excited!!!

I will say this, if I never smell chicken broth or eat Jello again, I will die a very happy woman! Living on that stuff for 5 days will make you go nuts! :^)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Keep documenting your progress, six months from now, you'll love that story about your bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO PROUD of you!!! Can't wait to follow your success story!!

    Love You!!

    ReplyDelete